Dear STEM Ambassadors,
A few people have mentioned to us recently that they weren’t aware of the STEM Ambassador
Fund. The STEM Ambassador fund enables STEM Ambassadors across campus to develop and
deliver their own public engagement activities.
Each STEM Ambassador can claim up to £200 before the end of September 2020. The fund can
be used to claim for the following items:
* Materials for public engagement activities, for example beads for sequence
bracelets, printing stickers.
* Travel to locations where public engagement activities are taking place. This
applies only when staff are travelling to the area specifically to undertake public
* Venue hire for public engagement activities
* Catering costs for activities
* Travel costs for participants coming to the activities
* Reasonable subsistence costs for any staff involved, but does not include alcohol
* Cost of attending public engagement training
If you have any questions, or would like to use the STEM Ambassador Fund, please fill in
the attached application form and send it to engage(a)wgc.org.uk.
For upcoming public engagement opportunities, please check this Google
which will be updated regularly.
Tel: +44 (0)1223 496822
Wellcome Genome Campus Public Engagement | Wellcome Genome Campus | Hinxton |
Cambridgeshire | CB10 1SA | UK
Follow WGCengage on
Wellcome Genome Campus Public Engagement is part of Connecting Science, which enables
everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society.